In It To THIN It: Changing Lives One Pound at a Time
November 2015-March 2016 Jr. High-Sr. High Students (aged 12 and over)
- A maximum of 25 students are accepted. Thus, students may join at any time there is an opening.
- Not all applicants are accepted. This is determined at the weigh-ins. Generally, kids who are 25 pounds or more overweight who look overweight are accepted.
- Students are not allowed to work out without current physical and permission slip/liability releases (found online at hvvmg.com).
- Due to limited space, there are only students allowed in the fitness room during workouts.
Weekly Workout Schedule: Monday thru Thursday (3:30-4:30pm) at “The H” (Heritage Victor Valley Medical Group 12408 Hesperia Rd., VV, 92395-Ste.25).
First Mandatory Weigh-in: Wednesday, Nov.4, 2015
- Students who miss first weigh-in are not eligible for grand prize at the end of the program.
- All paperwork (permission form/liability release and physical) must be turned in before first weigh-ins on Nov.4, 2015.
Training Rules: Each student must…
- Provide own transportation.
- Have appropriate workout gear and have eaten and be hydrated before each workout.
- Report and dizziness, injury, or nausea if it occurs.
- Turn in a monthly progress report which indicates their acceptable performance in school (this form will be supplied).
- A yearly calendar of events is posted online at hvvmg.com.
- Mandatory events are listed on the calendar. Failure to attend mandatory events will result in being ineligible for monthly and grand prizes.
- Monthly Prizes: Students who meet these standards, no matter the start date, are eligible for monthly drawings.
- Work out 12 times per month at “The H.”
- Show improvement in weight and/or BMI.
- Attend mandatory events.
- Turn in progress reports by the deadline.
- Grand Prize: One boy and one girl are eligible to win $1000 and a $500 scholarship to VVC by meeting these criteria.
- Show the largest total weight-loss throughout the year.
- Meet the monthly prize standards for all months of the program.
- Begin the program by the absolute deadline of Nov.4, 2015.
- End-of-year Trip: Reserved for those who attend 75% of the year and continue through the end of the calendar.
Questions: Contact HVVMG Director of Fitness George Mangum at email@example.com or visit hvvmg.com. Be sure to like us on Facebook@ In It To THIN It.