Be recognized as a celebrated Heritage employee and become a customer service legend, HVVMG’s highest honor.
The SHINE Program is built on the Heritage customer service standard and relates to all employees and involves every department.
Delivering a particular standard of customer service every day is an expectation of Heritage employment. The SHINE Program defines and conveys specific employee conduct required by Heritage while on the job. Through peer group and outside input, the spirit, tone and conduct of individuals is recognized and noted which results in various awards throughout the year. The program celebrates and awards those employees who standout while on the job and exemplify SHINE and culminates in an Employee of the Year Award.
(Merlin Aalborg Chief Operating Officer HVVMG)
“Every person on the team has to clearly understand what we believe and every interaction with customers, patients and doctors needs to be consistent with that belief. It needs to be delivered even if it is inconvenient.”
THE CUSTOMER SERVICE STANDARD OF CONDUCT
These are deliberate, practical everyday actions derived from the Heritage service standard that are easily recognizable, memorable and valued by everyone who you come in contact with.
SPIRIT OF EXCELLENCE
- Always make eye contact and smile.
- When meeting and greeting someone, always include your name, ask the other person’s name and keep encounters positive.
- Always look for ways to be proactive.
- Always be an active listener
- Seek clarification and repeat back what a person says to you.
- Always let people express themselves to you before responding.
- Don’t interrupt. Always say “I’ll find the answer for you.” Never say, “I don’t know.” Always ask, “Is there anything else I can do for you?” at the end of interaction.
- Always engage people by extending yourself immediately.
- Always assess every interaction to exceed expectations.
- Always offer people something they would never expect.
HERITAGE MEDICAL GROUP BRAND PROMISE
“To generate better personal and community well-being through connecting with people emotionally, with a spirit of excellence, delivering an unexpected experience that reassures and leaves people highly satisfied.”
Your customer service experience setting will be wherever you interact with customers. Every detail of the customer encounter sends a message to the customer. Phone calls, emails, live chat, even website speak to customers. Ask yourself: What’s the message you’re sending? Does it result in a memorable experience and does it encompass the spirit of SHINE?