Skip to content

Medical Records

Release of Health Information

Heritage Victor Valley Medical Group has partnered with Sharecare Health Data Services to fulfill your request for records.

We are committed to protecting your medical information. For information about your rights and the obligations you have regarding the use and disclosure of your medical information, please see our Compliance and Privacy Practices.

How to Make a Request

To request records, please complete the online forms found here. You will be required to provide a valid email address and a Government issued ID. Please note you must scroll down to find the form fields to complete.

3rd Party Request for Medical Records

If you are a provider, law office or you are requesting the medical records of someone other than yourself and are not the legal guardian, please visit the 3rd Party Records Request page.

Sharecare Contact Information for Patients/Requesters

How do I pay my invoice online?
How do I check status of my records request?

Customer Service Line
800-560-3800 or
Audit Customer Service Line

Live Chat Support

Hospital Records

If you are unable to complete the electronic form above, download and complete the paper form below. The authorization form must be legible and complete. Authorizations that are illegible or incomplete will be returned. For requests with sensitive information such as AIDS/HIV, mental health, and/or chemical dependency, use the Authorization for Use or Disclosure of Sensitive Protected Health Information form. The authorization is only valid for the specified date requested and expires one year from the date signed. Please note the processing of records is faster using the online form above.

Records are usually available within 10 business days from the time the request is received. If you are picking up your medical records in person, please be sure to bring a government-issued ID. To arrange for another individual to pick up the documents for you, please indicate on the authorization form.

Only the patient, parent/legal guardian, or the patient's legal health care representative can sign the form to release medical records. If you are requesting records on behalf of the patient or as the patient’s representative, please provide a copy of an Advance Directive/Durable Power of Attorney for healthcare/Conservatorship.

Limitation to Accessing a Minor’s Records

Parents or legal guardians requesting access to the medical record of their children over the age of 12 will require a signed authorization from the minor. To learn more about California’s regulations, visit the California Family Code Sections 6920-6920 and the California Health and Safety Code Sections.

linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram