Quality Improvement Programs
Select one of the following to download the corresponding document:
The QIP will monitor and evaluate medical care and services throughout the organization to increase cost-effectiveness. Medical Services, Inpatient Services, Clinical Compliance, Quality Management and contracted Behavioral Health Providers all play an equally important role in accomplishing this goal. Each department at HVVMG is responsible for meeting set performance standards, reviewing processes and procedures, to ensure we provide excellent service to our members and providers.
Attestations and Training
If you have not turned in your 2022 FDR Compliance Attestation please complete the HPN FDR Compliance Attestation 2022 to cover your 2022 compliance requirement.
Print and complete the form
Email the form to HVVMG-QM@hvvmg.com or fax it to (760) 269-1285
Click this link to access the following training modules 2022 Mandated Compliance Training Modules (6)
Compliance/Codes of Conduct
Fraud, Waste, and Abuse
Model of Care
Cultural & Linguistics / Disability Sensitivity
Heritage Victor Valley Medical Group Patients Have the Right:
- To the highest quality healthcare possible.
- To receive appropriate care, treatment, and consideration.
- To be treated with dignity, courtesy and respect.
- To participate actively in decisions regarding healthcare including refusingtreatment, if desired (to the extent permitted by law).
- To receive full consideration of privacy and confidentiality during healthcare
consultation, examination and treatment.
- To confidential treatment of all communications and records pertaining to medical
- To receive complete information about their health condition, to have input into
proposed treatment plans and alternatives, including non-treatment, or second
opinion, in order to give “informed consent” or to refuse treatment.
- To reasonable responses to any reasonable requests they may make for service.
- To leave the physician’s office or facility at any time, even against medical advice.
- To be informed of continuing healthcare requirements following discharge from the physician’s office or hospital.
- To know the cost of care and treatment and receive an explanation when required.
- To receive information about the PMG/IPA services, its practitioners, providers and member’s rights and
- To voice a complaint or appeal about the PMG/IPA or care that was provided.
- To be represented by parents, guardians, family members or other conservators if members are unable to fully
- participate in their treatment plan.
Heritage Victor Valley Medical Group Patients Have the Responsibility:
- To keep scheduled appointments.
- To provide complete information about past health.
- To let us know if they don’t understand, or can’t follow, our healthcare instructions.
- To participate fully in the treatment program they and their physician have agreed to.
- To provide information about current medications or treatment being rendered by other physicians.
- To know how to access healthcare services in routine, urgent and emergency situations.
- To know the benefits and exclusions of their insurance coverage.
Non-Discrimination and Language Assistance
Non-Discrimination and Accessibility Notice
Heritage Victor Valley Medical Group, Inc.:
- Provides aids and services at no cost to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
- Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
We offer at no cost to our members the following interpreter services:
1. Over-the-Phone Interpreter
2. Face-to-Face Interpreter
3. Hearing Impaired Services
If you need these services:
Contact our Customer Service Department
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. from Monday thru Friday
TDD/TTY: (800) 735-2922
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. from Monday thru Friday
For help after business hours or during the weekend please contact your health plan by calling the phone number listed on the back of your ID card.
If you believe that Heritage Victor Valley Medical Group, Inc. has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with:
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, which is available at: https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD)
Complaint forms are available at: http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html. Such complaints must be filed within 180 days of the date of the alleged discrimination.